The LeAD Campus programme equips high-potential Africans with the skills to develop their leadership, their vision and their business.
This bilingual certificate-awarding training programme lasts for 6 months. The programme is a co-development of 4 African and French institutions. It is overseen and implemented in partnership with business operating on the African continent.
Whether you come from the north, south, east or west of the African continent, from an English or French speaking country and work in the private or the public sector, LeAD Campus is for you.
- Programme overview
- Objectives, audience and conditions
- Partners and academic team
- Certification & network
- Practical information
- 1 session per year, since 2016
- 25 to 35 participants per promotion
- 80 participants obtained the certificate since 2016
- 39 y/o is the average age of the group
- 100% is the level of participants satisfaction each year
- 85 speakers and experts mobilised in average each year
KEY STRENGTHS OF THE PROGRAMME
A training programme for the African continent compatible with ongoing professional activity, compliant with the best international standards.
A joint certificate from 4 renowned institutions in Africa and in France.
An innovative and travelling academic format: mix of on-site modules (3 weeks) together with a personalised support programme and remote activities.
Active involvement of companies: individual support from a mentor, site visits, engagement with experts.
An opportunity for exchange and to interact with other leaders and potential partners
An individual executive project to structure and to develop throughout the programme
2019 TRAINING PROGRAMME
INDIVIDUAL EXECUTIVE PROJECT
Before starting the programme, you need to prepare a concept note describing the entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial project you wish to develop.
Your project will be part of an ongoing work throughout the programme. The programme will help you shape and structure your project for its future implementation. Your individual executive project will be described in a summary that you will present to a jury at Sciences Po at the end of the programme.
Throughout the programme, participants benefit from one-on-one support from a mentor, a high-level professional who shares his/her experience, knowledge and network. Working with a mentor is an essential part of the programme as it enables strong professional growth.
Tel.: +33 (0)4 91 13 17 56
- Strengthen your leadership , vision and ability to innovate
- Build your project or business
- Master management fundamentals
- Develop your project responsibly, while incorporating the challenges related to growth and sustainable development on the African continent
- Expand your network
The programme brings together leaders:
- From the private sector: entrepreneurs, SME directors, top executives from national, multinational corporations and social business pioneers;
- From the public, non-profit and civil society sectors: civil servants, economic policy officers, NGO managers.
As part of our commitment to supporting women, the programme seeks to assist female managers and executives in the development of their career and their projects.
- Hold an African nationality.
- At least three years of higher education.
- Five years of work experience with three years as a manager. Exemptions may be granted for entrepreneurs and applicants whose background, education and professional experience are determined to be relevant by the admissions committee.
- A professional development project.
- Currently employed person or entrepreneur with a consolidated project.
- All candidates must demonstrate professional proficiency in English or French. Interpretation services will be provided during the 3 on-site seminars.
Over the past 40 years, Sciences Po Executive Education has been assisting French and international entities from both the public and the private sectors in their drive to transform and develop. All our programmes are based on a rich diversity of knowledge and methods, combined with a strong tradition of educational innovation rooted in professional.
Since its inception in 2011, the Nelson Mandela School of Public Governance at the University of Cape Town has been committed to identifying and mentoring emerging leaders. As a multi-disciplinary centre, the School and its offerings are designed to make public service at the highest levels of leadership an aspiration for the most talented of the community’s rising generation.
Founded in 1992, ISM is a key player in higher education in Africa. As the leading business school in French-speaking sub-Saharan Africa, ISM has trained, since its inception, some 15,000 leaders from nearly 30 countries. With antenna institutions established in 10 cities located throughout Senegal, ISM is the country’s largest national network of higher education.
AFD is France’s inclusive public development bank. We commit financing and technical assistance to projects that genuinely improve everyday life, both in developing and emerging countries. In keeping with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, AFD works in many sectors to assist with transitions towards a safer, more equitable, and more sustainable world: a world in common. PROPARCO, AFD’s private-sector arm, provides funding and assistance to projects of companies and financial institutions in emerging and developing countries. Based in Marseille, the development Campus (ex-CEFEB) offers a training catalogue related to the sustainable development challenges. It primarly targets AFD contractors and partners.
At the end of the programme, a high-level certificate co-delivered by four prestigious institutions will officially validate the successful completion of all the programme requisites while recognising your achievements and skills. The decision to award the certificate is based on continuous assessment, group assignments and remote activities, in addition to the individual executive summary and its presentation. Attendance at all modules is compulsory in order to be awarded the certificate.
THE POWER OF NETWORK
The LeAD Campus certificate gives access to four alumni networks - Sciences Po (France), Nelson Mandela School of Public governance of the UCT (South Africa), ISM (Senegal) and AFD/CEFEB (France).
DURATION OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME
6 months including 15 days of on-site training and remote training (e-learning, distant mentorship, development of the individual executive project).
DATES AND LOCATION
- Module My Leadership: 31 MARCH - 5 APRIL 2019 - Nelson Mandela School of Public Governance at the University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Intersession 1 - Remote
- Module My Business: 30 JUNE - 5 JULY 2019 - ISM Dakar, Senegal
- Intersession 2 - Remote
- Module My Society: 22 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2019 - Sciences Po et AFD, Paris, France
Fee: 12,000 euros (all taxes included)
It includes the academic fees for the entire duration of the programme as well as housing, local transportation and some meals during on-site seminars. Participants will bear all costs from their homes to the destination hotel (visas, airfare, local transportation to/from hotel on the first/last day).
Tel.: +33 (0)4 91 13 17 56