This 20-year commitment is being celebrated on December 5 in Ramallah, in the presence of Palestine’s great and good:
• Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh
• Consul General of France, René Troccaz
• President of the Bank of Palestine, Hashim Shawa
• Director of Operations of the AFD, Jean-Pierre Marcelli
• Director of AFD Jerusalem, Catherine Bonnaud
• Deputy of the Vaucluse Jean-François Cesarini
The 20th anniversary party brought together Palestinian Authority officials, private sector representatives, members of civil society, donors and representatives of the international community.
It's also an opportunity to acknowledge the commitment of AFD and its partners to sustainable development, the fight against climate change, the reduction of inequalities and, more broadly, the two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, led by France.
A photographic exhibition immortalizes iconic projects financed by the AFD Group, such as companies based in the Bethlehem industrial zone or the production of dates by Nakeel in the Jordan Valley.
Designed as an itinerary through different regions of Palestine, it consists of photographs taken by West Bank and Gaza students, supported by two professional photographers during a week of mentoring.