The SIBC is a bespoke support program:
- four months of remote coaching via a dedicated e-learning platform
- a one-week intensive bootcamp in Marseille in December on the AFD campus
- high-quality mentoring by international experts and professionals
- meetings with the local ecosystem and with that of African entrepreneurship at the Emerging Valley summit
The SIBC is so much more than a mere training course, it is a community of actors in change that fosters collective intelligence and sharing between peers. Sixty participants are selected each year.
Leadership & social impact
The program is structured around three objectives:
- Scaling up: developing a scaling-up strategy, preparing for fundraising and internationalization
- Leadership: preparing to be a leader, structuring governance and internal organization using agile methods
- Social impact: measuring social performance against the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and maximizing your impact
The SIBC is accessible in English and in French. The program is free of charge and only transport, accommodation and meals are at the expense of the participant.
Who is it for?
To apply, the social enterprise must:
- provide evidence of 3 years of activity and of revenues
- be based or have an impact in Africa
- have a social mission and an objective of medium/long-term profitability
- present a strategy for scaling up to the regional or international scale, including reflection on its governance and leadership
- ideally, propose a social innovation or an innovative approach