Selin Özyurt is an economist who assesses the economic and financial risks to which some countries where AFD works are exposed.
A specialist in international economy and finance as well as development economics, Selin Özyurt holds a PhD in Economics from Paris-Dauphine university.
Before joining AFD in 2017, she worked at the European Central Bank (2010-2017), as a financial stability expert/economist. Selin Özyurt also provides supervision and teaching at Master level at Paris-Sorbonne university, National School for Statistics and Economic Administration (ENSAE) and Orleans university.
Publications as an author
- "Regional dynamics of economic performance in the EU: To what extent do spatial spillovers matter?", with S. Dees, Region, vol. 5, Issue 3, pp. 75-96 (2018)
- "Savings and investment behaviour in the euro area", ECB Occasional Paper Series n°167 (2016)
- "Spatial dimension of trade and FDI-driven productivity growth in Chinese provinces", with T. Mitze, Growth & Change, vol. 45, Issue 2, pp. 263–291(2014)
- "Currency Undervaluation and Economic Rebalancing Towards Services: Is China an Exception?", China & World Economy, vol. 21, Issue 1, pp. 47-63 (2013)
- "Trade Openness and Regional Income Spillovers in Brazil: A Spatial Econometric Approach", with M. Daumal, Papers in Regional Science, vol. 92, Issue 1, pp. 197–215 (2013)
- "Competitiveness and external imbalances within the Euro Area", ECB Occasional Paper Series n°139 (2012)
- "Productivity, Scale Effect and Technological Catch-up in Chinese Regions", Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, with J.P. Guironnet, vol. 4, Issue 2, pp. 64 – 80 (2011)
- "The Impact of International Trade Flows on Economic Growth in Brazilian States", with M. Daumal, Review of Economics and Institutions, vol. 2, issue 1, art. 5 (2011)
- "Assessment of Total factor productivity in Chinese Manufacturing Industry: 1952-2005" (in Chinese Mandarin), World Economic Papers, Issue 5, pp.1-16 (2009)
- "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Chinese Industry: 1952-2005", Oxford Development Studies, vol. 37, issue 1, pp. 1-17 (2009)
Ph. D. Thesis
- "Croissance, productivité et les retombées positives de l’ouverture aux investissements directs étrangers et au commerce international en Chine", Paris-Dauphine university (2009), English version available here
- "Has the exchange rate pass through recently declined in the euro area?", ECB Working Paper Series n°1955 (2016)
- "Regional dynamics of growth in the European Union: To what extent spatial spillovers matter?", with S. Dées, ECB Working Paper Series n°1870 (2015)
- "Spatial Dependence in Commercial Property Prices: Micro Evidence from the Netherlands", ECB Working Paper Series n°1627 (2014)
- "China’s Economic Outlook after 30 Years of Reform", Working paper LAMETA, ES2010-01 (2010)
- "Les investissements directs étrangers entraînent-ils des effets de débordement vers les pays en développement?", Working paper LAMETA ES2008-01 (2008)
- "Openness and Per Capita Income Spillovers in Chinese Cities: A Spatial Econometric Perspective", Working Paper LAMETA, DR2008-17 (2008)
- "Regional Assessment of Foreign Direct Investment and International Trade Spillovers in China: A Space-Time Model", 1979-2006, Working paper LAMETA, DR2008-15 (2008)