Under the high patronage of Mr. Emmanuel Macron, President of the French Republic, and with the participation of UN Secretary-General António Guterres, the Finance in Common Summit is an initiative of the World Federation of Development Finance Institutions (WFDFI) and the International Development Finance Club (IDFC), and benefits from the support of a wide range of partners from the UN and multilateral systems and from the development finance community. This first edition of the Finance in Common Summit is convened by the Agence française de développement (AFD).
The Summit has three primary objectives:
- To gather for the first time the world's 450 Public Development Banks and discuss their role, ambition, challenges and opportunities.
- To bring together the financial community at large to design a financial system that seizes the full potential of Public Development Banks to help reorient and leverage all financial flows in the direction of climate and the SDGs, generally as well as in the context of the responses to and recovery from the Covid-19 crisis.
- To contribute to reinventing multilateralism by promoting new forms of cooperation. To this end, the new coalition of actors created during the Summit is expected to live on into the future.
- 9-10 November 2020: The Visible Hand: Development Banks in Transition (online) Find out more about the AFD research conference preceding the Finance in Common Summit.
- 11-12 November 2020: Finance in Common Summit (onsite and online) Attendance, both in-person and/or online, is by-invitation-only. Please contact email@example.com