AFD welcomes you on its institutional website: the website which presents its mandates, its operation, its financing and its achievements.
Any connection to AFD’s website is subject to compliance with the present conditions. For the Internet user (hereinafter “the user”), simply accessing AFD’s website implies the acceptance of all the conditions set out below and the undertaking to respect them.
Presentation of the website
The purpose of AFD’s website is to provide general information about the companies of AFD Group. AFD’s website comprises the websites and mini-sites accessible by the URL address: www.afd.fr.
AFD’s website has been designed with French as the working language. For your convenience, AFD has made certain parts of the website available in other languages, including English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Disclaimer and responsibility
AFD endeavors to guarantee the proper functioning and IT security of this website, as well as the accuracy and updating of the information disseminated on it. However, AFD cannot guarantee the accuracy, precision or exhaustiveness of the information available on this website.
The tweets which may appear on AFD’s website are the sole responsibility of their authors, in accordance with the general conditions of Twitter.
The content which may appear on AFD’s website from the blogs “iD4D – Ideas for Development” and “Private Sector and Development”, platforms for debates on development coordinated by AFD Group, are the sole responsibility of their authors. Furthermore, these blogs are governed by their own general conditions of use. It is your responsibility to read them when you access the blogs.
It is the responsibility of users of the website to verify the information through other means, including by contacting AFD’s Communication Department.
Users should be aware of the risks related to using Internet services.
Consequently, they acknowledge and accept that:
- They use AFD’s website at their own risk
- AFD shall not be held liable for any interruptions and the possible consequences for any Internet user
- AFD’s obligation to supply information is restricted to an obligation of means
- AFD reserves the right to correct or delete, at any time and without prior notice, the general structure of the website or content
- AFD cannot guarantee the exhaustiveness of information or that there has been no modification by a third party (intrusion, virus).
Consequently, AFD shall not be held liable:
- For any imprecision, inaccuracy or omission concerning the information available on the website
- For the content of tweets, which are the sole responsibility of their authors
- For the content of the blogs “iD4D – Ideas for Development” and “Private Sector and Development”, which are also the sole responsibility of their authors
- For any damage resulting from fraudulent intrusion by a third party, leading to a modification of the information made available on the website
- More generally, for any direct or indirect damage, whatever the cause, origin, nature or consequences, subsequent to access by any person to the website, or the inability to access the website, as well as the use of the website and/or the credit attributed to any information provided directly or indirectly by the latter
- In the event of inability to access this website and/or use services.
Any questions concerning the present conditions of use of the website should be addressed to the webmaster of AFD’s website at the following address, or by using this form.
Agence Française de Développement,
Direction de la Stratégie, des Partenariats et de la Communication - Pôle Institutionnel et Editorial,
5 Rue Roland Barthes,
75 598 PARIS Cedex 12
Intellectual property rights
AFD holds the full copyright for AFD’s website and for the services provided. Consequently, you are not permitted to sell, adapt, modify, reproduce, disseminate, transfer or use in any other manner, all or part of AFD’s website or the services provided, in any form or by any means, on any current or future support.
Any user that does not comply with the laws and regulations in force shall risk being taken to court by AFD.
AFD is not subject to any general obligation to oversee or search for illegal content. However, AFD makes every effort to preserve the quality of the content of AFD’s website.
Should you observe or consider that part of the content on AFD’s website presents a manifestly illicit character, please report it by filling in this form.
Any abusive notification may render you liable to civil or criminal sanctions.
Right of reply
Should you consider that part of the content harms your image, you have the right of reply by filling in this form.
Your right of reply will be published within three working days from the date of receipt of your message. Any abusive notification may render you liable to civil or criminal sanctions.
No online publication of the website by a third party is authorized under another URL without the prior express authorization by AFD.
- AFD authorizes any website to establish a link to the address www.afd.fr, after giving advance notice at the following address:
- Any such link must respect the applicable legal provisions and regulations. AFD shall in no way be held liable for links established from another website to AFD’s website.
- AFD reserves the right, at any time, without prior notice and without giving any reason, to forbid these links. In such case, AFD shall inform the person concerned, who shall have 2 working days to delete the link.
- AFD shall in no way be held liable for hypertext links established towards other websites, in particular concerning the content of these websites.
Amendments to the present general conditions of use
AFD reserves the right to amend, at any time and without prior notice, the present conditions of use in order to adapt them to changes on the website and/or in its use.
Integrity of the contract
Should one or several of the clauses of the present conditions of use be declared null and void pursuant to a law, regulation, or as a result of a definitive ruling by a competent jurisdiction, the other clauses of the general conditions shall remain binding within the limits of the said decision.
Laws and jurisdiction of courts
The present conditions of use and legal notice, as well as AFD’s website, are governed by the provisions of French law.
If an amicable settlement is not reached within a reasonable time, any disputes that may arise in the use of AFD’s website, or in the interpretation or application of the general conditions of use, shall be subject to the exclusive competence of the French courts.