Four eligibility criteria
- The region’s level of exposure to a major shock (endogenous or exogenous);
- The capacity of the country or society to address it;
- The potential level of the tensions or shock spreading at regional or international level;
- The comparative advantage of France and AFD in the response to this shock.
- Through grants or to support loans;
- For national and local institutions, NGOs, private actors...;
- Allocated directly or via multi-donor funds.
- At the hotbed of vulnerabilities or crises (multi-country);
- For the long term (multi-year financial commitments);
- In partnership with local and international actors;
- To provide responses tailored to each context and create leverage effects.
- The Fund invests in addressing upstream the vulnerabilities which fuel crises and in building the resilience capacities of societies and institutions, while supporting the recovery from the crisis;
- Minka’s strategy is still primarily to mobilize other French and international funds via a common programmatic approach and based on joint diagnostics. This is crucial for its objective of having an impact on the determinants of crises.