Watch the replay:
From climate change and the destruction of natural habitats, to the over-exploitation and extinction of species, pressures on biodiversity are increasing, particularly in Latin America and the Caribbean, affecting both people and their economies.
This webinar will explore what's at stake, and discussion will cover the regional response to threats to biodiversity, efforts to preserve natural habitats, and AFD Group's interventions across the region.
- Welcome speech: Francis Etienne, France's Ambassador to Barbados and the OECS (Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States)
- Opening speech: Charles TROTTMANN, Director of the Three Oceans region, AFD
- « Setting the scene » : Karen MCDONALD GAYLE, CEO of the Caribbean Biodiversity Fund
Moderator: Guillaume CHIRON, Deputy Head of AFD's Agriculture, Rural Development and Biodiversity Division
- How does AFD Group intervene in the region to preserve biodiversity?
Clara DUFRESNE, Regional project manager and Advisor to the regional director at AFD
Nicolas CHENET, Director of the Sustainable Development Department at Expertise France
- How to build a regional response to preserve biodiversity in the Caribbean basin?
Virginie CLERIMA, Project Manager for the CARIBSAN project at the International Office for Water
Chamberlain EMMANUEL, Head of Environmental Sustainability Division at the OECS
- Guillaume CHIRON, AFD's Deputy Head of the Agriculture, Rural Development and Biodiversity Division
The webinar will last for an hour and a half and will take place in English on the Livestorm platform. It will bring together stakeholders such as funders, implementing agencies, technical partners and beneficiaries of the work done by AFD Group.