The AFD office in Uzbekistan is getting ready to develop its activity in the country in the coming years, in its new premises in Tashkent's Shayxontahur district.
The cooperation with Uzbek public organizations is already fruitful, with 7 projects, for a total of €664 million, funded since 2016 to support the country's sustainable growth. The activities of AFD and its Uzbek partners are organized around four priority areas:
- Building sustainable and inclusive economic and political models
- Supporting urban adaptations
- Supporting the energy transition
- Sustainable management of territories and preservation of natural resources
AFD operations in Uzbekistan are 100 % compatible with the Paris Climate Agreement. The project portfolio is composed of public policy budgetary loans in the economic and financial governance and energy-climate sectors, as well as financing of investment projects in the solid waste, sanitation, hydropower and livestock sectors.
AFD Uzbekistan officially inaugurates its new offices on December 2nd, 2021, on the day of the 80th anniversary of AFD's creation.
- Irodakhon Abdul Kodirova | +998909580021