- The Objectives of the Global Forum
- The program
- Further Reading
The main objective of the “One Sustainable Health for All” global forum is to contribute to an operational approach aligned with the principles of One Sustainable Health. This approach will integrate public policies, budgets, projects and programs implemented by public, non-governmental and private organizations.
The event is an initiative of the “One Sustainable Health for all” Forum (OSH). Established in July 2021, the OSH Forum regularly brings together more than 50 professional and civil society organizations from around the world that are working to establish a holistic approach to health that incorporates human, animal and environmental health. In particular, it has set up six international working groups to identify operational recommendations and propose pilot actions that can implement the “One Health for All” approach on the ground.
These international working groups composed of multidisciplinary experts from the worlds of research, public institutions and health and development stakeholders, will present their preliminary conclusions at the “One Sustainable Health for All” Global Forum in order to open a discussion with interested parties from all five continents on the conditions for implementing these actions on the ground.
Its six work themes are as follows:
- Reduce the impact of human pollution and its pressure on biodiversity and climate change for better health
- Create sustainable food systems for better nutrition and health
- Improve management of the relationship between humans and the natural world for sustainable health
- Fair access to health services
- What financial tools can help provide one health for all?
- Foster One Health practices within local communities.
The Global Forum is organized in an inclusive manner, with international sessions planned in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Senegal, Brazil and Lebanon.
The “One Sustainable Health for All” Global Forum will include:
- plenary sessions;
- parallel international sessions in six countries;
- socializing events to discuss and share experiences.
The most updated program and list of confirmed speakers are available on the World Forum website
Professionals and students from all public and private organizations wishing to participate can register for the remote event platform, which is free and open to everyone.
The sessions will be filmed and streamed on the online platform.
In-person attendance is by invitation only.
- “One Health”: Responding to Pandemics with a Holistic Approach to Human, Animal and Environmental Health
- Health and Social Protection: Our contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Assessing Inequalities in Healthcare Spending in Burkina Faso, Malawi, and Zambia: Data and Methods
- Distributional Effects of Healthcare Spending: Lessons from Burkina Faso, Malawi, and Zambia
AFD's action in the health and social protection sectors :