In the Mopti region, school enrolment rates are low and there is little access to training due to the limited number of training facilities, despite a dense population in the region. Since 2015, there has been a growing impact on young people: schools closed, lack of employment opportunities, limited State services. The Mopti Regional Council has set out to address these issues by adopting a new regional development plan, which focuses on priorities for young people: education, training, integration.
The project is led by the Mopti Regional Council and implemented firstly via a consortium of NGOs and, secondly, by the local authorities themselves. It will contribute to:
- Building the capacities of young people to develop and implement a vocational integration project, by setting up pathways tailored to their needs: training, literacy modules and support towards employment in sectors with high potential for the region;
- Improving the quality of education, in order to reduce risks of dropout and school-leaving, by building the teaching skills of teachers and the operational capacities of teacher training institutes;
- Building the capacities of territorial authorities in the fields of training and vocational integration through technical and financial support for investment projects.
- The project will benefit 3,000 people aged between 14 and 40 in the Mopti region, with at least 40% being women.
- The outcomes will be evaluated in terms of the number of beneficiaries with a job and having improved their economic incomes at project completion.
on the same regionHealth and Social ProtectionDigital and InnovationSustainable Cities
on the same topicEducation and TrainingEmploymentEducation and TrainingEnergy
on the same financial toolEducation and TrainingHealth and Social Protection
We would like to hear from you! Would you take a moment to fill out a short survey for us?